il sole del sodo
Il Sole del Sodo is a small and cosy Bed & Breakfast with 6 charming rooms where you will be able to rest, sleep-in and relax surrounded by stunning Tuscan countryside.
Situated outside the ancient Etruscan walls of Cortona – only 1 ½ miles from the town centre – Il Sole del Sodo is named after the neighbourhood in which it is located and by the sunshine that illuminates the property during the day.
An ideal holiday home, with swimming-pool and lush courtyard, Il Sole del Sodo is also an excellent base for daytrips to valleys and charming towns in close proximity to Cortona – from Valdichiana to Val D’Orcia, from Montalcino to Pienza, from Spas to Churches frescoed by Piero della Francesca, and to nearby Umbria with its enchanting landscapes.
And after a busy day you will be able to sit back and look at the sunset sipping on a glass of wine accompanied by a tasty selection of local products.
Il Sole del Sodo is the fulfilment of a dream for Claudia and her three sisters that successfully converted the old farmhouse in a comfortable Bed & Breakfast, combining a style inspired by many family trips to the pleasure of offering guests a home in Tuscany.
Il Sole del Sodo is the ideal home for people wishing to spend their holidays both in relaxing surroundings and with a feel for appealing life-style.
The old 19th century farmhouse has been converted into a B&B with 6 rooms, each one different from the other and all with en-suite bathroom.
The rooms are finely furnished with a combination of classic-country and vintage-modern pieces.
The particular atmosphere that Claudia managed to create at Il Sole del Sodo can be found in every corner of the house, as well as in the original lamps designed and created by her during the renovation of the farmhouse.
Breakfast is served in the beautiful Sala della Pastaia or in your bedroom.
Claudia in an attempt to make reception truly extraordinary decided to serve breakfast from 8:30am to 11:00am – not your common breakfast times! In putting together breakfast menus Claudia took inspiration from the best B&B tradition from around the world. You will be able to enjoy the different Tastes accompanied by the finest selection of coffees, cappuccinos, teas and fruit juices:
- Classic Tastes: menu consisting of a selection of breads, jams, yogurts, cornflakes and fruit
- Sweet Tastes: a large selection of daily-baked cakes, cookies and biscuits. You won’t forget the apple pie!
- Brunch Tastes: local eggs, hams and cheeses accompanied by a selection of freshly baked bread and focaccias. Delicious!
In case you suffer of food-intolerances or have any particular request, please let us know when booking.
An encounter with Cortona is an encounter with art, history and spirituality. Making oneself acquainted with this timeless town leads to an authentic discovery of the past. Cortona is 500 metres above sea level. It is situated at the heart of a vast unspoilt district which enjoys artistic, historic and scenic distinction. Cortona still holds on to the values of its surroundings, of the open and wholesome countryside, of life at a human pace. Within its Etruscan walls it jealousy preserves the evidence of a truly noble civilisation.
Location & Access
Località Il Sodo 5/6
- Nearby cities
16.76 kms away from Arezzo 19.29 kms away from Castiglione del Lago 35.83 kms away from Perugia 50.64 kms away from Siena 29.16 kms away from Umbertide
- Sant Egidio (intl) 48.34 kms
- Take the A1 highway direction Roma if you are coming from North - direction Firenze if you are coming from South Exit at VALDICHIANA (from North it’s the exit after Monte San Savino – from South it’s the exit after Chiusi-Chianciano) - Take a right towards Perugia - You will be entering a four lane road (direction Perugia) - Take the first exit Foiano-Cortona - Take a left towards Cortona - You will be driving through countryside and villages for a while - When you get to Camucia at the first stop sign you see take a left - Cross over the little bridge and bear left At the roundabout take the second exit towards Arezzo - At the stop light take a left towards Arezzo - You will be passing a Q8 petrol station on the right - Keep going for a few hundred meters and take a right towards Cortona - Stay on that road and keep going till the road starts going uphill - Il Sole del Sodo is on your left - Park in front of the big gate for check-in - I will show you how to reach the parking lot from there - Not considering traffic, it should take you a couple of hours from when you get on the highway
Rooms & Rates
|Rates / Seasons||Low||Med||High||Very high|
|Single occupancy||65 € to 90 €||75 € to 98 €||80 € to 110 €||80 € to 110 €|
|Double occupancy||75 € to 90 €||85 € to 98 €||90 € to 110 €||90 € to 110 €|
* New service since December 2012,
No guest reviews are yet available.
Contact & Reservation
This form allow you to contact the owner for more informations or to ask for a reservation.
Your request has been successfully sent. The owner will contact you soon.New request.